Alex Mandry Legal Group, Maroochydore Office

Family Lawyer Maroochydore

We provide sensitive advice and strong legal representation to get the best outcome for you, your children, and your finances.

Contact us for creative solutions on Separation and Divorce, Children's Issues, and Property concerns.

Book A FREE consultation with Lawyer, Sandra Sinclair LLB:

  • Caring Specialist In Family Law.
  • Tough, Will Fight Hard For You.
  • Dispute & Accredited Mediator.
  • 40+ years helping Families.
Fill in the form to ask a question or book a meeting with Sandra
member of queensland law society logo
Resolution Institute Logo
Maroochydore Chamber of Commerce
Law Council logo
alpma logo
member of queensland law society logo
Resolution Institute Logo
Maroochydore Chamber of Commerce
Law Council logo
alpma logo

30-Minute Free Consultation

Legal Advice From A Family Law Specialist

    SSL Security & Privacy Assured
    premium service

    A Premium Service
    Without the
    Gold Plated Fees

    Supportive Team


    Years of Experience

    40+ Years in
    Resolving Separation & Divorce Issues

    Family Law Matters

    Experienced in
    Children's Issues
    & Property Division

    “We seek holistic solutions that are financially and emotionally better for you and your family.”

    We NEVER encourage you to go to Court. And we always encourage negotiation. Our role is to help you to retain the assets that are important to you. We give you sensible advice in relation to your children; parenting arrangements; domestic violence concerns and support agencies who can work with you. Our mission is to support and assist YOU.

    Even More Success Stories
    Ready to start the process? Or just want to know the next steps?

    Speak with a Family Lawyer today
    and get free initial advice.

    Family Law Maroochydore, Sunshine Coast

    Get Practical Support To Manage Your Separation

    Sunshine Coast Family Lawyer

    We also understand the possible implications of relationship breakdowns – whether related to trusts, property, businesses, domestic violence, custody, children, or spousal maintenance.

    And we know that you’re likely to be feeling wild ups and downs of emotion. And this can be the case whether it was you who chose the separation or not.

    And so that you can reach a fair and favourable outcome for you, our role is to provide you with solid legal representation and practical advice on your matters.

    It’s our job to help you rightfully retain the assets vital to you while coming up with creative solutions that are emotionally more beneficial for your family and you.

    Family Law Maroochydore Queensland

    Clever Advice And An Ability To "Think Outside The Box"

    Family Lawyer Sunshine Coast

    We find that alternative solutions may allow a more positive outcome that more closely suits your specific needs without resorting to costly court proceedings.

    So one of the things that we’d love to discuss with you are the “out of the box” solutions that are available in attempting to resolve your matter.

    Why? That’s because it is entirely possible that the final orders that a Judge may make do not adequately resolve your conflict. And that’s why we like to encourage our clients to seek and negotiate for solutions outside of court.

    Book a free consultation to discuss your matter and look for innovative options for your complex problem.

    Maroochydore Family Lawyer

    Maroochydore Family Lawyers

    An Accommodating & Caring Team To Help Put You At Ease

    Sunshine Coast Solicitors For Family Law

    Our knowledge is broad-ranging, and we will make strategic decisions on your behalf that are based on logic and reason (not emotion) while getting you affordable and favourable results.

    And we know that your life has been turned upside down, and we understand that there may be many underlying problems that we can support you through.

    And should your matter progress to a court hearing, Alex Mandry is committed to defending your rights and providing you with dependable representation that fights to protect you and your family.

    The first move is to book a free consultation to find out where you stand so that we can advise you on what you need to do next.

    Alex Mandry belongs to the following Legal Associations Alex Mandry Sunshine Family Legal Associations
    Ready to start the process? Or just want to know the next steps?

    Speak with a Family Lawyer today
    and get free initial advice.

    Our Legal Services Includes

    Divorce & Separation

    Alex Mandry appreciates the pressures and implications that are associated with relationship breakdowns. We can assist you in getting your Maroochydore divorce in a cost-effective and timely manner. We will assist with all aspects of your divorce, including completing the application and any supporting affidavit, serving the application on your spouse and attending the Court hearing (if required).

    Financial Agreements

    Financial Agreements

    Financial agreements are contracts under the Australian Family Law Act in which parties to a marriage or de facto relationship enter into a legal agreement governing the financial arrangements should a marriage or relationship break down or end in divorce. Anecdotally, they may be referred to as “prenuptial agreements”. We can assist you by advising whether a Financial Agreement may be suitable for you and, if so, preparing and advising on the Agreement itself.

    Children’s Issues

    Children’s Issues

    As experienced children’s issues lawyers, often the most important issue for parents following separation is deciding “who the will children live with”. Our child children’s issues lawyers can advise you on your legal rights and responsibilities regarding the living arrangements of your children. Such advice might include varying proposals to take into account the age of your children or your changing work requirements.

    Child Support

    Child Support

    If you think you are paying too much or not getting enough, we can help you. We have had positive results in obtaining refunds of overpayments for our clients. Or, if you want to determine your payments but are still looking for a formal arrangement, our child support lawyers can assist you with Binding or Limited Child Support Agreements.

    Spousal Maintenance

    Spousal Maintenance

    Spousal maintenance is an area of family law and is the obligation of one party to financially support the other party after separation or Maroochydore divorce. It is not automatic and requires either Agreement or an application to the Family Courts. Suppose you are in receipt of an income test pension, allowance or benefit, or your income is significantly lower than that of your former spouse. In that case, you may be eligible to apply for spousal maintenance.

    Property Settlement

    Property Settlement

    In a divorce or separation, the property may be divided between the ex-partners (including married, de facto and same-sex partners). This is known as a property settlement. We can help you in obtaining the best possible property settlement and ensure that your property settlement is legally binding, giving you the long term security you need.

    Maroochydore Family Lawyers FAQ

    Who has to move out of the home?

    There is no easy answer to this and it depends almost wholly on circumstances such as whether the children are going to stay with you; whether you have the financial ability to rent somewhere else; whether there has been domestic violence in your relationship. Often the Court is left to decide who gets to stay in the house while other matters are sorted, if you can’t work it out yourselves. Theother alternative to this is that sometimes the police will become involved and they will make the decision for you.

    Who will the children live with?

    The Family Law Act sets out that children have the right to have a meaningful relationship with both of their parents subject to the children being safe from physical or emotional harm. There are other practical considerations that should be taken into account, such as whether you work long hours, or work as a FIFO worker that would make it difficult for you to have the full time care of the children. Working out practical parenting arrangements is the optimum outcome and it certainly beats have a Judge do it for you

    Who will pay for living expenses and the kids education?

    On a short term basis, this is likely to be carried on in the same manner as it has been during the relationship. Parents are responsible for maintaining their children and practical considerations (for example, who has always paid, and who has the capacity to pay) need to be considered.

    Who will get the house?

    This is the most asked question but impossible to answer without knowing the facts. In short, if one of you wants to keep the house you need to be in a position to re-finance any existing mortgage AND topay the other party their entitlement.

    Am I entitled to child support, or do I have to pay child support?

    Child support is a discrete issue and whether you are entitled to it depends on legislative requirements, for example, how often the children are in your care, but also the capacity of the other parent to pay it.

    Is it compulsory to go to court to divide our assets?

    Absolutely not. The majority of separated couples work out their own solution to dividing their assets, and they either do it without court intervention at all, or by preparing and filing in court their consent orders (which is the only way to make a binding agreement).

    My partner was the main income earner – how will I survive financially?

    If your partner has always been the main breadwinner and always financially supported you,
    you can make an application to the court for payment to you of spousal maintenance. This can be ordered to be either a lump sum or ongoing periodic payments (or both) but requires a proper investigation of the financial capacity of the other party.

    My ex has taken off with the kids – what should I do?

    You should immediately speak to a lawyer and organise to file an application for recovery of the children. If you don’t know where the children are, your application can also include an application for disclosure of their address by a government department.

    I have had to move a long way from where we lived – but my ex wants the children to stay at the same school

    Surprisingly, where the children go to school is often decided by a Judge if you can’t agree yourself. The courts would usually (but not always) order that the children attend school closerto their geographic residence – it’s really a commonsense approach.

    Can I get divorced in Australia if I got married overseas?

    The short answer is “yes”. You will need to live in Australia, have your marriage certificate and if it is not written in English, you will need to pay to have it translated before an application can be made.

    What to do if we can’t agree on the value of the house that one of us wants to keep?

    You will need to agree on a licensed property valuerand obtain a formal written valuation at your shared expense. Whatever the valuer says, you areboth bound by it, unless you can provide actual evidence that the valuation is flawed.

    What happens to the business?

    Parties who own companies or businesses have the more complicated process, if they cannot agree on values or on the division of assets, of having to have businesses and business assets valued. This can be an expensive exercise but there is often no option because there is no agreement on values.

    There has been family violence in our relationship and I want to move to another State – can I do this?

    If you take your children to another State without consent of the other parent, the court may order you to return with the children. There are many factors that the court takes into account, including domestic violence – but that is not the only consideration. If you want to move interstate and the other party does not agree, you can file an application and the court will decide the issue.

    Do I have to pay my in-laws back the money they gave us to buy the house?

    Parents often loan or gift their children money to help them get a “leg up” in the property market. What might have been a gift may now be argued asa loan. If there is no loan agreement however, these money are often found to be a gift to both parties. You parents will need to become involved in the court proceedings if they want their money back and both parties do not agree.

    "Protecting your rights at a cost-effective price"

    Book a FREE Consultation

    The next step is to speak to our Family Lawyers.

    Your issue can be major or minor.

    Either way Alex Mandry is happy to help.

    Book your consultation to find out where you stand, and find out what you need to do in order to protect your rights.

    Your first free consultation will give you the opportunity to:

    • Meet with one of our lawyers to discuss your matter in general.
    • Receive initial advice on your situation.
    • Get initial guidance on the legal cost of separation.
    • To accommodate for COVID-19, we’re able to meet via Zoom.
    Fill in the form or call 1800 329 090 to get assistance


    Fill in the form to get help from a
    Sunshine Coast Family Lawyer.

      qld memeber logoGoogle my business reviews
      SSL Security & Privacy Assured
      What Our Recent Clients Have To Say About Us


      Alex Mandry Family Lawyers Maroochydore
      508/6 Wharf St
      Maroochydore QLD 4558
      1800 329 090
      Ready to start the process? Or just want to know the next steps?

      Speak with a Family Lawyer today
      and get free initial advice.