Lawyer/LLB GDLP Mediator
Richard was admitted to the Bar of the Supreme Court of South Australia in 1978 and has been practicing as a lawyer for over 40 years.
Richard has worked in a wide range of legal areas and has represented clients all over Australia in a range of jurisdictions. He is an experienced litigator in the District Court, with the greater part of his civil practice being in this jurisdiction along with the Supreme Court.
Significant cases that Richard has recently worked on include a successful class action for 65 medical practitioners in the Federal Court, over 35 acquittals in drink driving cases and a landmark case in the Family Court involving surrogacy which was the first of its kind at the time in Australia. He is also highly experienced in working with rural communities having operated a branch office in Ceduna for over 15 years.
Given his impressive and extensive experience and knowledge, Richard has the ability to handle any matter in most of areas of law. Richard takes a hands on and personal approach to ensure his clients achieve the best possible legal outcome.
- Bachelor of Laws (University of Adelaide 1978)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice South Australian Institute of Technology 1979
- Accredited Mediation Certificate Bond University 2000
- Professional Certificate Advanced Course Arbitration and Mediation 2001
- Principal at Armour Allen Lawyers (1979-2009)
- Member, Law Society South Australia
- Member Small practice Committee law Society SA
- Former member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee Law Society SA
- Former member Law Council of Australia
- Former Honorary Solicitor for Victims Of Crime Service (VOCS)
- Member Rotary Club of Adelaide West (since 1984)
- 2003: Appointed by the Real Estate Institute of Australia to preside over a disciplinary hearing in relation to a complaint against a real estate agent
- Practice includes both conciliation, mediation work and pro-bono mediator at the Adelaide Magistrates Court